Accredited Management Survey
LK Assure can compile the management plan on behalf of the client to ensure compliance to Regulation 4 of the CAR Regulations and 'The Duty to manage Asbestos in publicly accessed buildings. All aspects of asbestos management would be covered to include:
- Priority Risk Assessments.
- Financial Planning and Management in relation to asbestos identified.
- 6-12 monthly re-inspections
- Procurement of third party services
- Policy and Procedures for minor and major works in relation to the risks associated with asbestos.
- Liaison with Project managers, architects and contractors where required.
- Identification of training needs and Provision of asbestos awareness training to staff and contractors.
- Maintenance of a permit to work system.
- Implementation of an emergency procedure in the event of an accidental release of asbestos fibres.
We at LK Assure have established a sampling strategy to minimise cost to the client and reduce exposure and risk to surveyors whilst still adhering to the HSG264 requirements. This is a combination of a visual inspection and sampling bulk materials. During the survey, bulk samples will be taken and identified as asbestos and any materials that were visually similar and installed in an identical way will be strongly presumed to contain asbestos.
In areas where a substantial amount of visually similar materials are present a representative sample will be taken. Therefore visually similar items in the same area MUST be presumed to contain asbestos fibres.
Where a survey reports a material as NON ASBESTOS by a visual inspection and with no analysis of samples (e.g. recently insulated pipework encapsulated with aluminium cladding) the client should take caution in interpreting the results.
Where there are a large number of items distributed throughout the site (e.g. fuse boxes with flash pads/ flash guards) a single sample will be taken for analysis and all similar items MUST be presumed by the client to contain identical items and will have the same composition of the item specified.
A survey report will be created detailing the findings of the surveyor. Sample analysis results will be included along with recommendations for managing the asbestos installations found. This survey must be provided to all contractors carrying out maintenance works on site. It should be noted that if demolition or major refurbishment works are later programmed in then a refurbishment/demolition survey will be legally required
Our surveyors and management staff are always available to answer questions regarding the reports and to offer advice.